Skip to main content

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Let there be light

At the sight of light

Darkness takes its flight

For when light arrives

It brings beauty

And radiates energy 

This little light of mine

I must let it shine

Noon day or night

It must shine bright

Giving illumination to my world

Alice Asuquo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMERLY USELESS

FORMERLY USELESS In this journey of life, we get to hear about or meet people who are being considered as bad examples. People often give advice to others and say, 'do not be this or that person'  Lydia grew up in a toxic environment, being born out of wedlock and her naive mother could not really give her the upbringing she deserved. She was forced to navigate her way through life all alone. Often times, people referred to her as a useless child. She lived a life without sense of purpose till the day she was led to Jesus and her life experienced a turn around for good. You may be in a situation where people have looked at your life and termed you 'useless'. The good news is that even though you are a cultist, a thief, a fornicator, an adulterer or the likes, Jesus is ready to change your story. Onesimus was reintroduced to Philemon, his slave master urging him to take him back stating that ''Formerly he was useless to you but now he has become usef...

I AM A WOMAN

I have pains, don't call me weak I get exhausted, don't call me lazy I make mistakes too, don't call me careless I state my opinion, I am not overreacting I am hurting on a daily, please hear me out I am attractive, that was God's divine architecture I am successful not because I am pretty I ask you for assistance, but I won't pay with my body I may be feminine, but can also be competent at workplace I am pretty with purpose, Beautiful with brains I am human, please treat me like your specie I am beautiful, I deserve to be treated with love and respect I am confident, but would never repel an auspicious authority I am smart, all I ask for is a level playing ground I can live happily and free too, let's heal the world. I am fragile but strong I am rational but may be a little emotional I am a good follower as well as a fantastic leader I maybe afraid but will never quit I am hopeful and won't give up on my dreams I AM A WOMAN!!! Happ...

NIGERIA @ 55

She has grown so fast From childhood to adulthood Now she is mature With little wrinkles and Strands of grey hair The journey to this age hasnt been easy She has fought so many battles... Tribalism, nepotism,religious wars and the likes This is typical of a mother with many children Some are from the north, others south, east and west With diverse culture, language and religion She has been in the struggle of uniting them thus far A mother of mothers Nigeria has proven itself strong At 55, she stands firm Still beautiful, successful and fruitful Her children have to help her fulfill her dreams For she yearns to see them happy and united Living in peace, unity and tranquility Happy birthday to our motherland Happy birthday Nigeria!!! ALICE ASUQUO