Skip to main content

SEASONS

At morning
The cock crew
Announcing a new day
Time to wake
Time to learn
Time to grow

In a twinkle of an eye
The afternoon came by
The sun shone brightly
Time to work
Time to earn
Time to put learning into practice

Tick tock went the clock
And the night showed up
Oh night!
A time to rest
And time to reap

What have I achieved?
I asked myself
The light of the sun, moon and stars
Are all gone dim before my eyes
What a seasonal change!

My once strong arms are trembling
My legs are now weak
My teeth are now few
Even the sounds i used to enjoy
I hear them no more

My hair has turned white
Like almond blossoms
Oh! i'm soon going to my final resting place

But rejoice thou young man
You are yet in your morning season
Be strong, learn and work
For the night cometh
When no man can work

Alice Asuquo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Let there be light At the sight of light Darkness takes its flight For when light arrives It brings beauty And radiates energy  This little light of mine I must let it shine Noon day or night It must shine bright Giving illumination to my world Alice Asuquo

Dreams

Myriad of thoughts Running through your mind A dream of a beautiful and colourful future An irony of the present bleak and black situation Is it feasible or attainable? You ponder and wonder Just because you can't see something Doesn't mean it isn't there Keep your dreams alive!!  ~Alice Asuquo  

Fire + Ice

Fire+Ice Some are hot like fire;  Sweltering, tangy, hot and spicy Some are cold as ice; Numbing, frosty, cool and chilly Everyone can't be the same Howbeit, with tolerance and understanding We'll stay together in peace and love ~Alice Asuquo