Skip to main content

BECAUSE OF YOU

Ever wondered why many people have still decided not to go to church and probably give their lives to Christ? The answer might simply be........BECAUSE OF YOU

'"I went to church as they invited me to, but i was surprised to see you dressed in your most holy attire and acting so seriously. Later i heard them say its testimony time and i saw you stepping out in a very happy mood and you behaved as the holiest of them all. I was confused and began to doubt within me if it was you or someone else. I finally decided to listen to you and i heard you give a testimony unto salvation. Immediately, i made a decision not to receive salvation if that was all about it.

 I sat in bewilderment, but i still decided to stay. i was still surprised to see you and your clique singing the praise and worship songs with a very loud voice and i could not help but wonder.
Is this what church is all about? I saw pretense and hypocrisy everywhere. I continued to think..... was it not you who clubbed all night? when did you suddenly become so holy? this your friend is the same girl who committed abortion last month and you still want me to believe you? Again, i do see you fighting with your mother and the elders in the neighborhood or am i seeing a different person?
I tried staying to the end of the service. It would have been a very wonderful service if not for the people i saw.

As for me, i read my bible and try to do what i can but i dont like going to church so as to avoid being angry with the people therein who profess a thing and then do the opposite. I dont really think i can go back to that church BECAUSE OF YOU"

(Dedicated to all Christians. We are living epistles so let us mind our words and actions)

Thanks for reading. God bless you!

Alice Asuquo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Let there be light At the sight of light Darkness takes its flight For when light arrives It brings beauty And radiates energy  This little light of mine I must let it shine Noon day or night It must shine bright Giving illumination to my world Alice Asuquo

Dreams

Myriad of thoughts Running through your mind A dream of a beautiful and colourful future An irony of the present bleak and black situation Is it feasible or attainable? You ponder and wonder Just because you can't see something Doesn't mean it isn't there Keep your dreams alive!!  ~Alice Asuquo  

Fire + Ice

Fire+Ice Some are hot like fire;  Sweltering, tangy, hot and spicy Some are cold as ice; Numbing, frosty, cool and chilly Everyone can't be the same Howbeit, with tolerance and understanding We'll stay together in peace and love ~Alice Asuquo